Wild Goose Chase

I just got done reading a great book, Wild Goose Chase. (I read the last 3 1/2 chapters on I-4 today in a 2 hour traffic jam, literally, I was in park). Great read though. Author Mark Batterson pastors National Community Church in Washington D.C. which has four locations, all in movie theaters. This book does a great job of challenging us as Christians to quit living safe, comfortable, and easy Christian lives and to become more like our leader (Jesus Christ) and live daring, dangerous, Spirit lead lives. Chapter 1 is titled "yawning angles" and I just love that image. The point being are we living such boring and predictable lives that we not only don't need guardian angels but that our lives actually bore them. That pretty much is the DNA of the book, continually challenging us to be obedient to the where the Spirit is leading us no matter how big, crazy, or scary that situation may be. All in all, great book, worth reading.

0 comments: