Lily

So I'm reading this book called Wild Goose Chase (I'll elaborate on it later) but the jist is to quit playing safe comfortable Christianity and allow the Holy Spirit to guide us more often. So as I took both kids to Sea World last Friday I asked them the question if Jesus were to go to Sea World what would He do? Their answer was, He'd buy a Shamu doll and give it to someone that didn't have one. So that was the first thing we did when we got there. The kids were so excited picking out the stuffed Shamu. Then it came time to picking the right recipient. And then they both agreed on Lily. Lily was a 5 year old shy girl from Washington D.C. I introduced myself to the father and let the kids explain their plan. We gave Lily the Shamu and left thinking nothing of it. Well later on in the day we run into the rest of the family (who wasn't present earlier) and they were dumbfounded that we would do what we did for Lily. That opened the door for me to give a quick explanation of my faith and how Christ has changed everything about me including my wallet and time. The mother then explains that she is Jewish and respects my view but doesn't share it. The beauty was I was able to explain to a Jewish woman that my love for Christ is what led us to by the doll and that it was out of duty or regulation (which is how many Jewish people live, out of duty, not love). Although the story ends there I also thought it was cool that the author of the book has his church in DC (which is where Lily and her fam lives) and I shared that with her and she knew of the church. So now our prayer is that Lily and her family would be drawn to National Community Church in DC. It was a really neat thing for the kids to be apart of. My goal is to Chase the Wild Goose and put our family in more of those neat, led by the Spirit moments. I know this was long, but thought I had to share it. May you go and Chase the Wild Goose also.

0 comments: