Are you sure what your ministry is doing is the right thing?

After being in children's ministry for over a year now I've began to realize a very scary truth. I don't know if what we are doing will work. I think it will but I have to trust God that it actually will. As a Children's Pastor my job is to help kids fall in love with Jesus. When I was a Youth Pastor I was able to see God moving or not moving on a weekly basis. However as a Pastor to kids we don't really see much fruit until further down the road, maybe 3, 5, or 10 years; who knows when. This thought led me to an even greater one...as children ministry workers (of all kinds) we must be connected to God as much as possible. There is too much at risk for us not have our A game when it comes to connecting with God. With kids it is almost 100% trusting God with the direction He is calling you to go with your ministry. That is huge! Thus we must be bath all we do in prayer. We must be completely devoted to scripture. We must follow Jesus closely. We must make it a habit of listening to His voice and direction. If we don't we may be taking a whole ministry to a place Christ never intended them to be all because we were too distant from the Father to hear His voice.

0 comments: