President or Vice President?

As Barrack Obamma hand picked Joe Biden as his running mate it got me thinking. Clearly Presidents get more love and attention than their Vice Presidents. But the two places find two different paths to the oval office. The President has to spend countless hours, weeks, months, and years pushing and shoving to get "up front". And if he wins it's because he made it happen with lots of hard work. However the VP gets picked, gets selected, get chosen. As I was thinking about which one I'd rather be I used to think the President but now I see how flattering and humbling it would be "chosen" as the VP. No "pick me, pick me" campaigns. A VP pick is bringing someone along that is being successful at what you hope to be successful in. Which would you rather be President or VP?

0 comments: