Oh to be like my master

For years I have had a thought. This thought has haunted me over the past several years. This thought has kept me up countless nights. This thought is not good but is true. My thought is this, "it seems like for me it is so much easier to be a Christian and blend in than it is to be like Jesus." You know what I mean, to be a Christian means you say the right thing at the right time to the right people and we've more or less think we've fooled everyone into thinking we really are following Jesus. Worse yet, we've fooled ourselves. We began watering down the gospel or staying away from the tough parts because we know that may be something we'll have to change. I'm not sure about you but I love Jesus, I really do. I want to make Him smile so much but so often my sinful nature just gets the best of me and without seeing it coming I end up so different from Christ but still tell others I'm a Christian (Christ follower). The term Christian to many people means they "get" to go to Heaven. That's not what the definition means. Yes we get to go to Heaven but there is so much more than that. The definition means Christ follower. So if Jesus prays for hours, then were to pray for hours. If Jesus touched those with leprosy then we are to touch those with leprosy. If Jesus led people to the throne of God than we are to do the same. Christianity is not merely getting into Heaven it is following "The Way" (this is what the original followers of Jesus were called, found in the book of Acts) and becoming more like the master Jesus Christ. May we pray for one another that we would be more and more like Him and less and less like sinful selves.

0 comments: