Margin

Recently, I realized something about myself that I didn't like, I had almost no margin at all in my life. Many times I've wanted to give to someone or something but couldn't because there was no financial margin. Many times I've wanted to do more with my wife and kids but because I overload my schedule I have little energy margin. Many times I want to do more for the Kingdom of God but find myself too busy with everything else. I have had many conversations with some friends and many have tossed in the towel and simply said, "that's just life." I disagree. I refuse to believe that a margin less life is the one John 10:10 talks about when Jesus describes living abundantly. Recently I read Jesus taking a walk on the shore of the Sea of Galilee and during his (unproductive and pointless) walk, that He had margin for, He met Peter and Andrew. These two people would not only be two of Jesus' closet friends but would also be instrumental in building the Church, the avenue of hope for the world for generations to come. This took place in the margins of Jesus life. He simply went for a walk. In the midst of our business may we slow down, take a walk, and see what God has in store for us in the margin of our lives.

0 comments: