Disney Institute: Day 4, Quality Service














Today I spent the first half of the day playing golf for the FCA fundraiser golf tournament. FCA has played a huge role in my life and making me the Christian leader I am today. You can find out more or support them at http://centralfloridafca.org/ I mention this because it meant I missed a good portion of the Disney Institute. But I'll give you what I got and what notes I was able to gather.
Today's topic was on "Quality Service". Quality: high degree of excellence. Service: meeting needs. Disney's definition of Quality Service is to 1) "Exceed our guest expectations". 2) "Pay attention to all the details."
Hollywood Studios: today we spent an hour at Disney's Hollywood Studios to observe the following: safety, courtesy, show, efficiency, process, cast, sets. The amazing part about Disney isn't that are so good but it's that even when you examine them they still are nearly flawless. I was reminded of the HUGE value of simply slowing down and examining your own footsteps to see where you are at and where you are heading so you can determine which way you may need to turn.
Great Quote: "You don't build it for yourself. You know what the people want and you build it for them." Walt Disney
Infrastructure: The greatest thing I heard all day was regarding a grid Disney uses to evaluate their current reality and to determine what should happening next. It's difficult to explain the grid but the premise is while thinking of your organization think of these three questions. 1) What in your organization are the non-negotiables. 2) What in your organization are obvious things you should be doing, things your clients expect you to do. 3) Lastly name the things that if you did they would be considered going above and beyond. I spent some time thinking about what these questions would mean within FOkids and I realized they truly are brilliant. They help you focus on the proper things at the proper time.

1 comments:

Nice stuff bro. I'm stealing all your notes. Just really upset I wasn't invited!