Wheelchair Jesus?



The other day I was on my way to drop off my son at school and we saw this picture, Spider Man in a wheelchair, WOW! Of course Riley sees it and begins to ask questions on why Spider Man is in a wheel chair. How do I explain marketing to a 5 year old? How do I explain it's not the real Spider Man? After a long discussion with him I dropped him off and then it hit me. This is what we do with Jesus. We take our God and our superhero (Jesus), we strip Him of His super powers, place Him in a wheel chair and then we market Him telling everyone how awesome and powerful He is. And the problem is the next generation aint buying it. They are tired of hearing about Jesus but seeing Him in the wheelchair. They are tired of reading of God's power but experiencing none of it. We must as Christians live lives that take Christ out of the wheelchair and place Him on another chair, His Throne. Jesus doesn't need us marketing Him He needs us displaying Him. We need to live lives that display His love, His grace, His peace, His joy, His Holiness. We need to show others that Christ still does have the supernatural ability to change lives, circumstances, etc. In CM (Children's Ministry) I am asking myself what does this mean for FOkids? How can we help kids be in AWE of Jesus? What do you think?