LA Rocks!









Tom (our worship pastor), Lauren (his girlfriend), and I just got back from a Passion gathering in Los Angeles. It was off the hook amazing. David Crowder, Matt Redman, Chris Tomlin, Louie Giglio, and Francis Chan all did phenomenal jobs. It was a much needed escape to simply cling to my Lord and Savior Jesus. We got to see my good friend and mentor Danny Furukawa and the Fu family. Pastor Fu is a campus pastor for Shepherd of the Hills Westside LA and we were able to go to their Sunday morning service as my old youth pastor and friend Kyle Wall was also in town. It was a great service, by far the most blended service I have ever been apart of. As we pulled in we saw a chauffeur drop off their "master" in their Bentley and as we walked in we saw poor and homeless people. What a beautiful picture. Rich and poor worshipping God together. I'm sure God smiled. Sunday night we were able to make it to cornerstone church, Francis Chan's church and the whole thing was very underwhelming, which is probably why I loved it so much. I have deep respect for Francis Chan and all they are doing at cornerstone. God is using them in mighty ways and it was neat to be there. Francis is the one next to that good looking guy. The other pic is about 4,000 of us worshipping God at the new Nokia Theatre downtown LA, across from the Staples Center.

1 comments:

Hooray for you! Sounds like an amazing time! Absolutely love the picture of you and your new best friend. How fun. Sounds like Danny's church (well God's church) is a little slice of heaven! Miss you all at FSM like crazy! Love to read your feedbacks, keeps me connected. See you later! Lori