28 years and 246 days...

It took 28 years and 246 days for me to eat my very first salad. You don't get any pickier of an eater than I am. I have some of the worst eating habits you can have. Thus as of May 1st, 2008 TJ (my wife) and I challenged each other to attempt a much healthier lifestyle. Of course she eats great, is in shape, and has no health issues. So this challenge is mostly for me. The goal is to go from May 1st to September 1st with no soda, few sweets, few fast food if any, and to began eating healthier food choices. Now for years everybody around me wanted me to eat better but to my knowledge not one person actually prayed that God would help me with this challenge. So my quest was to learn to lean on God and pray specifically that God would change my taste buds. That I'd actually would crave healthy food choices. The goal was to also start eating a salad in June. Well last week I took my daughter Callie Joy out for a birthday date and I thought no better time to eat my first salad than with my precious daughter. I already had picked out what type and from where. It had to be a salad from Chick-Fil-A. I don't remember what kind exactly but it was with ranch dressing, which I didn't really care for. Anyways to 99% of the population this is no big deal. But to me this is very much a huge deal and one I don't want to take lightly. More than trying to be healthier physically I am much more enjoying the spiritual journey God is bringing me through as I am learning to lean on him and not on the comfort of food. Thank you to all of you who have been encouraging me.

2 comments:

Dustin!!!!
Man I miss you like crazy. We gotta hang out soon when you get back and stuff. God is doing some really cool things at Fusion and my life. Can't wait to hear what he is doing in yours!
You+green food=amazing
way to go with the salad!!!!
Catch you later,
Andrew

So...I first need to apologize for encouraging you to eat that cupcake at my kids birthday party. Sorry about that!!! Good for you on the salad thing. I feel your pain. I am not a fan of salad either. :-)