Confessions from a God Shrinker

I am amazed at how I can't explain how God created me, this earth, it's beauty, it majesty but it seems like everyday I shrink God. I might not ever say it like that. Sometimes I'll say, "I'm stressed out", like the God of the universe can't grant me peace. Or I might think along the lines of there is no way we can do this, or no way they will ever change. And right there I shrunk God again. What I have noticed is that the more I shrink God the smaller He gets and the less I need Him. It is kind of the same feeling Adam and Eve may have felt, they had it all but they shrunk God and glorified a piece a fruit. Too often I shrink God and glorify a relationship, a toy, a lifestyle, whatever the case I shrink God for the lure of worthless fruit. I write this to remind myself that God is HUGE, we must remind each other of this very fact. That we are tempted to shrink Him but what despair we are in if we shrink the biggest, most beautiful, amazing, being in all of History. We must tell & retell our stories to remind us how awesome and big our God is. The truth of the matter is we don't have just a story of God's grace but most of us have a new story every day, as every day we are able to relive in His glory. To you Lord God, may we be more in the growing you business than we are the shrinking you business.

0 comments: